Lowering Cholesterol Diet - Fresh Fruit:
• Apples. There is an almost infinite variety,
some are quite rare. Try these:
• Akane, Arlet,
Blushing Golden, Braeburn, Centennial Crab, Chieftain,
Cortland, Empire, Empress, Fuji, Gala, Honey Crisp, Jonagold,
Kandil Sinap, Liberty, Mantet, Mcintosh, Mutsu,
• Northern Spy,
Patricia, Red Astrachan, Red Secor, Russet, Starr, Virginia
Gold, Yataka, Yellow Transparent, Wilson Juicy, Golden
Delicious, Granny Smith, and others available at your grocery
store and farmer’s market.
• Bananas. Fruit
Bananas, Apple Bananas, Baby Bananas, Baking Bananas, Red
bananas, and others.
• Berries. Besides
the usual strawberries and raspberries, there are dewberries,
boysenberries, loganberries, cloudberries, wineberries,
bearberries, bilberries, blueberries, cranberries,
huckleberries, lingonberries, barberries, currants,
elderberries, gooseberries, nannyberries, sea grapes,
crowberries, and others.
• Cherries, including
sour cherries, Monmorency cherries, and sweet cherries such as
Black Russians, Chinooks, Lapins, Hedelfingers, and others.
• Grapes. Many varieties exist, ranging from pale greens to very deep purples.
• Lemons and Limes
• Lychee fruits
• Melons: Red water, Canary, Canteloupe, Cassava, Honeydew, Watermelon, and others.
• Passion Fruits
• Peaches (including Encore, Reliance, Red Haven, and Sensation Dwarf Peach, among others)
• Pears (including Asian pears, Beirschmidt, Bartlett, and others)
• Plums (including Mt. Royal Plum, Opal, Stanley Prune-Plum, Unize Plum, Dietz, Empress Prune-Plum, Starking Delicious Plum, and many others)
• Star Fruit
• Ugli Fruits
There might be some fruits and vegetables which
you have not yet tried. The fact is that most of us have
tried only a small fraction of the fruits and vegetables
that are actually available.
When we say that we "don’t like" fruit and
vegetables or when we say that we “grow tired” of them,
what we might really be saying is that we do not have
enough variety in our diet. Or not have enough variety in
Look back over this list of fruits and
vegetables. Treat it as a checklist of the food
adventures you could have with food.
Which foods sound exotic or interesting to
Take a chance today and pick up some fresh
fruits or vegetables that you haven’t tried
Your taste buds and moreover, your cholesterol
level will thank you for it.
Realize that these lists of fruits and
vegetables isn't complete. It is only a way to get you
started in discovering new fruits and
Make it a mission for yourself to find new and
exciting fruits and vegetables that you can enjoy fresh
to lower your cholesterol.
The secret to eating
low-fat and enjoying it is to make eating the
right foods attractive. When you have many types of
healthy and delicious foods to choose from, you will
naturally want to choose foods that are good for you and
for your heart.
By introducing a big variety of fresh fruits and
vegetables into your lower cholesterol diet is a
sure way to achieve this...
● Over the
next 30 days, use the above list.
● Print it out and circle all the fruits and vegetables that you have not yet tried.
● Make it a mission for yourself to buy fresh fruits and vegetables that you have not yet tried.
● Every week, try to find a variety of fresh fruit or vegetables that you have not yet tried and then try them.
● Read about new varieties of fruits and vegetables and try them too.
● This will add some variety to your diet and make it much easier for you to eat plenty of the food you need to in order to lower your cholesterol and remain healthy.
Now follow this link for cooking tips for lower cholesterol